Thursday, March 25, 2010

Google Calls for Action on Web Limits

Censorship on Google has been hurting profit for foreign countries. It is hurting profit for foreign companies because they rely on the Internet to reach their customers. There has also been a lot of strict Internet policies in China. Because of this, Go Daddy has been declining the registrations of Chinese domain names. The thing that really shocked me was that 25 governments have blocked Google and 40 countries have been actively censoring the Internet. I personally would be very upset if Google or some popular Internet site was blocked. I would be upset because I can't go on those popular sites. Without Google, it will make it harder to do research projects or assignments in school. I am very lucky to live in America where they have very little restrictions on the Internet.

Article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/technology/25google.html?ref=technology

No comments:

Post a Comment