Thursday, January 14, 2010

Google in China

First off, I chose the article "Google in China" because the title interested me. If Google pulled out of China, then the chinese people would lose valuable information and knowledge. They would also lose YouTube. The reason why Google might pull out of China is because of China's online censorship. What this is is if you search something that offends the government, it would be blocked. Imagine not having one of the biggest web-sites in the world that you cannot get into because of where you live! Well in this case YouTube has been repeatedly blocked in China. In my opinion, I would be upset if I lived in China because I would not have access to some of Google and YouTube. Also, if Google pulls out of China, the nation will suffer greatly.

Sources:http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/opinion/14thu2.html?ref=opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment